A 19th century Chinese white porcelain statue of Xi Wang Mu;
the Queen Mother of the West, accompanied by a fawn carrying a
basket of flowers.
H: 40 cm.
The statue was dirty and had some very deteriorated
restorations on its right hand. All fingers from the right hand
were missing and so was the linghzi-mushroom from its left
The tip of a rose petal was also missing.
Treatment carried out:
The old restorations were removed and the object was cleaned.
Missing parts were recreated using epoxy and then retouched to
Photos of the completed treatment, click on the image for a
1. The object before treatment
2. The object after the completed treatment
3. A close-up of the right hand before treatment
4. The same hand after the completed treatment
5. A close-up of the left hand area where the lingzhi is
6. The same area after the completed treatment
7&8. Two photos showing steps in recreating the missing
Fully licensed in conservation and restoration of
ceramics, glass, stone and similar materials.