A Chinese Ming dynasty ceramic object depicting a
w x h x d = ca. 40 x 70 x 20cm.
The legs had been broken and bonded multiple times with
different types of glue. The adhesive had deteriorated which led to
unstable bonding properties and discoloration to a dark red-brown
All parts needed extensive cleaning before consolidation and
bonding. Fills were retouched to loose.
Photos of the completed treatment, click on the image for a
1. The back of the object before treatment
2. The back of the object after treatment
3. The loose part of the leg before treatment
4. The same leg after treatment
5. The completed object after treatment
Fully licensed in conservation and restoration of
ceramics, glass, stone and similar materials.