Frontal half figure of a woman from Ancient
The protome was badly broken into many pieces.
First the planes of the crack were consolidated. Then all the
pieces could be bonded back in the original position. Then fills
were made in different colours so that no retouching was
Photos of the process, click on the image for a larger
From left to right and top to bottom:
1. The object pieced together
2. The lower side of the object during the bonding
3. The object after the completed treatment
4. A close-up of the body after treatment
5. A close-up of the badly broken face after
but before any colored fills were made
6. A close-up of the face after the completed
Fully licensed in conservation and restoration of
ceramics, glass, stone and similar materials.